This week I managed to get some wool dyed as the weather is perfect for drying. It's so warm and sunny that I just want to be outsided all the time.
The garden has become pretty overgrown due to all the
rain and it's been hard to get the grass cut. The ponies have lost a lot
of weight because the hay just doesn't have enough calories at this end
of the season and I'm shoveling buckets of food into Jerry but he's
still so thin. The solution of course is to put Jerry in the garden!
He's in with Toffee as I knew they would get on well and Toffee has been
kept away from the herd for some time as he can't eat dry hay, it
causes breathing issues similar to asthma. I wouldn't leave them alone in a
simple fenced garden, so I took my work outside. Lots of carding and
spinning to be done.
This is where I may have gone wrong. I washed the polwarth again!
Today I'll be working with wool dyed with Henna. Someone suggested that it was a terrible plant to use as it's not colourfast. Well, in my experience, henna is very strong and it took months to get that sucker out of my hair. I used harsh chemicals and every product on the shelf, but I still looked fluorescent a month later. I'm quietly confident of it's perfomance on wool :D